Brighten up the week at home, at your office, or at your Galentine’s gathering with these indulgent treats. Don’t feel guilty. They’re cupcakes after all, so you can totally have more than one… because they’re small. 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup champagne
Recipe yields 12 cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line pan with cupcake papers of your choice.
2. In a bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt. In a mixing bowl beat butter and sugar 3 to 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. Beat in flour mixture and champagne in three alternating additions, starting and ending with flour to prevent curdling. (Mine seemed a little wet at the end so I added a less than 2 tbs. of flour till I saw a better consistency.) Scoop batter into the pan and bake 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
4. Let cool and then frost with strawberry buttercream frosting (recipe below).
STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shortening (like Crisco)
- 4 – 5 cups powdered sugar
- 3 – 4 tbs. strawberry puree
1. Beat together butter and shortening until smooth, do not overbeat!
2. Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time until you have a thick consistency.
3. Add strawberry puree. If you desire a stronger flavor, add one tbs. at a time to maintain a pipe-able consistency.