Recipe originally developed for The Girl Kyle.
With cooler weather comes comfort food, and there isn’t one more delicious and easy than chili. Perfect for a weekday evening dinner, or snack during Football Sunday, this special slow cooker recipe will become a regular in your crock-pot.
To enjoy this cool weather, rainy day classic, all you need to do is round up the following ingredients:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 (10.75 oz) cans tomato soup (fill one of the can with water + pour it in over the top.)
- 2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can of corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
From there, there’s only 4 easy steps to having your chili dreams come true.
- Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until evenly brown; drain.
- Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray, and mix in turkey, tomato soup, kidney beans, black beans, etc.
- Season with chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper and salt.
- Cover, and cook for about 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
Don’t forget to add your toppings. Sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt as a healthy alternative) and shredded cheese are a favorite of mine and Kyle, but if you really want to load up your stew you can add scallions, chopped bacon…whatever your heart and tastebuds desire.
About Kyle: Kyle Lane is the face behind The Girl Kyle, a lifestyle blog based in Sacramento, CA. Kyle is a graphic designer and self-appointed ice cream ambassador, and insists desserts can never have enough sprinkles and the best dresses have pockets. Known for her dedication to baking cupcakes and perfecting the ultimate frosting swirl, Kyle can be found stomping the hallways of the Capitol by day and snuggling with her Yorkies at night. Find her on Facebook and Instagram.