The Moscow mule. I can’t remember the first time we were introduced, but I sure wish I did because I would’ve written it down so I could’ve made a declaration and pronounced it a holiday. It’s hands down my favorite drink to order aside from a glass of bubbly when I’m out, and I’ve turned many of my friends onto it as well. This holiday season is the perfect excuse to add a celebratory spin onto this classic cocktail! It’s bold yet refreshing, spicy yet sweet, and smells ah-ma-zing.
- 2 oz. Tito’s Vodka
- 1 oz. Stirrings Cosmopolitan Mix (stick with me, I know it’s not a Cosmo)
- 5 oz. Ginger Beer (Bundaberg is my favorite)
- 1 lime wedge
- Cranberries for garnish
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Rosemary spring for garnish
You’re probably wondering why there is Cosmopolitan mix in my Moscow mule. Well, hear me out. The mix is dubbed a “cranberry and key lime cocktail juice,” which was PERFECT for the mule because it already requires lime juice. The cranberry just makes it holiday and adds a supreme tartness. You’re welcome.
And I mean, now you have Cosmo mix at home in case you want to shake things up a bit a la SATC! 😉
MOSCOW MULE DIRECTIONS
|1. Fill your copper mug with ice.|
|2. Measure 2 oz. of vodka (depending on preference) and pour in your glass.|
|3. Measure 1 oz. of Stirrings Cosmopolitan Mix and pour.|
|4. Top off with ginger beer until full then lightly stir|
|5. Time to garnish! Squeeze your lime, top with cranberries, add your sprig and enjoy!|
These ingredients are easy to find at your local liquor store and may even be lingering around your home, but if you’ve got enough on your plate, check out my friends at Drizly. They’re an alcohol delivery service and are currently operating in 24 cities across the US & Canada. Click to learn more. Used them when I was in D.C. visiting my cousin and we received our order in less than an hour!
TIPS FOR CUSTOMIZING
- No Cosmo mixer around? No worries! You can simply use some cranberry juice and a teaspoon of sweetened lime juice as a substitute for your mule.
- Want to keep your drink extra cold? Freeze the cranberries in advance!
- The rosemary sprig gives your mule an amazing aroma when you get your lips close to it. If you hate rosemary, don’t add it.
Step your Moscow Mule barware up. Shop some of my favorite items below!
*Disclaimer: This post is in collaboration with Drizly. Thank you for supporting the brands that support the blog!